Thursday, September 4, 2008

Balai Seni Lukis Pahang.


Pahang has its own Balai Seni Lukis (Hall of Artist), in Kuantan. Probably Pahang (as a State in Malaysia) has many talented artists and I suppose the hall was created as a place where budding and other artists in Pahang (Malaysia) can exhibit their work. Just my guess, but I do not really know the objective of its formation. Anyway, its good to know that such organisation exists in Pahang (Malaysia).
Walking pass it today, I observed buntings (two) indicating the centre's activities. These had happened before this visit of mine, but I am glad to know that such pertinent activities had been going on.


What attracted me when walking pass the building as an unfinished art work under the tree in the compound. A sort of school of goldfish.

And on enquiry, I met the artist, his name he said was Acai (he did not give me his full name).

The place is so hidden from view, I do not really know how people can find the place to visit it and to see its exhibits. I have not traced any signboard on the main road (perhaps its there but I have not seen it). (Unlike the Museum Tokoh of the Kuantan Town which has a big signboard on the main road but try locating the building, one can hardly know which building in Town is called Museum Tokoh, one needs to be lucky enough to find it).




And anyone wanting to write about Kuantan (Pahang, Malaysia) may volunteer to join this blog by providing e-mail address (for approval) for inclusion into "Permission". (Inappropriate article published will be deleted).