Saturday, September 5, 2009

A new resort











I have herad so much about this new resort, so today I decided to visit it. It was a sunny day, and being the fasting month I did not worry about meals. So my wife, my 1st grandson and I decided to drive to this 'resort' which about 20 odd km from Kuantan Town towards Kuala Lumpur.

My impression? Its not ready! But for the benfit of doubt, the management must be trying its level best to make it ready for visitors.

Its expensive to enter. Its new, but its expensive. About RM20 for adult and RM13 for children, don't you call that expensive? maybe not when its fully ready. But is it fully ready now? Don't look it.

The resort accommodation? Seems alright from the road. I did not go in, so I have to presume that its ready. Its a sort of condo/hotel arrangement. I saw some accupants inside some of them.

The water park seems alright but its quite small compared to some I have seen in Malaysia. See video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUM3MJzqLWw


Other facilities? There is the coach/horse ride at RM10 per head, riding just around the 'corner'. A few quadbikes for rental. And a 'kiddie train' to go from the water park to the 'hotel' and back. All at a fees of course. I did not ask how much.

As usual, one will find a souvenir shop in the complex. I suppose for that sort of a place, the shop was quite adequate.

The workers? I met a few young hands whom I must say are very friendly. They being young, they do not ask for much. The older ones also seemed quite satisfied with their assignments.

There was this Chinese violin player playing at the entrance to the water park which caught my eyes. (The video was taken at a different angle, he seems shorter and fatter because the video had to be turned 90 deg to make him vertical,....sorry!).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmhFguXVKdI


Give the Management a chance to prove themselves. But to my mind, there is a lot of room for improvement.

No comments: