Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pool Repairs










When I left the apartment about two or three weeks ago I saw the notice saying that the apartment’s swimming pool will be shutdown for maintenance. Well and good, I thought, its time.

When I came back last week I saw what had been done. They have repaired the children’s swings in the children’s playgrounds., also well and good.

The swimming pool seemed to have been repaired. But on closure look I saw that the work had not been properly done. My main concern is on the safety to the pool users. I saw that the cracks on the outskirt floors have not been repaired. That is not is not too bad I thought. But when I saw the edges of the pool I was shocked. The edge had been raised (or repaired) but the sharp broken edges have not been made ‘safe’. It’s dangerous to have edges repaired like that, one may trip the edge or even cut ones feet on the sharp part of the edges. These people do not have the sense of safety.

Now I do not know if the management will approve the work of the repairs or not, but to my mind the edges of the pool are not safe.

2 comments:

Zurainie said...

hi.. i am one of the owners of the apartment.. block B 1st floor, but i rented it out to a family for 3 years. since january this year, they had to move out because of the bad condition of the house.. all the while i was in KL and penang. now i m back to kuantan. missed a lot of meetings and i really want to know the situation of this place. i have heard from my tenant that the management's boss (a chinese lady) is very snobbish and arrogant. can we meet? my email = zurainie.zin@gmail.com

mylias said...

Zurainie,

I have created this blog so that owners can take interest on their apartments. Todate I am very disappointed still, and you are the first one who has made any sensible comment on this blog. Thank you.
We are supposed to be involved in the management, but we seems to be left out. They are just dictating to us. So far so good, I mean we do not have any untowards happenings yet, except that the compound seems to be like a public place with no controlled access. And the noise at night, sometime well past midnight and no body bothers even the 'jaga'.
Anyway just read the blogs which I shall update from time to time. And you may comment on anything you wish.