Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The biggest this, and the longest that.





Typically Malaysian that is, always telling people (and the world) what is the biggest this and the longest that in the country. The disease has now come up to Kuantan Town (Malaysia).

Behind the East Coast Mall (a local shopping complex) there are rows of shop houses they call Malay Town, Chinese Town and Indian Town. Why they call that I do not know.

I just found out today that in the Malay Town they have placed a big log, which I am told is one of the biggest log found in the State of Pahang (one of the 11 Sultanate State in Malaysia), the market price is about RM20,000.00 (USD 1 – RM 3.5 currently). It is now horizontal but I heard that there is a plan to erect it vertical. When will they do it, I wouldn’t know.

And in the Chinese Town, I discovered a big dragon made from empty aluminum drink tins. Empty tins? Like every thing here, everything seems to be empty. I am told that the dragon had broken a sort of record, for it being the longest dragon made of empty tins. Sounds empty to me.

And in the Indian Town, I have not discovered anything ‘big’ or ‘long’ yet.

No comments: